Maria is a Project Manager with Bean Group Global, and brings experience in public policy, research, assessment, and analysis. Expertise is in the area of conducting education seminars, workshops and training. Her experience ranges from creating speaking engagements in academia such as Harvard, as well as product training within the medical device and pharmaceutical industry. She has worked at the state level providing research and support for state hearings on topics such as rural health, food insecurity, and regional disparities. Interests include the social determinants of health such as food insecurity, access and the need for structural change. Her extensive background in health care, policy, and training provides a wide lens on identifying and supporting the needs of communities and enterprises.
Maria brings an extensive background in healthcare and education to BGG, and holds a Master’s in Public Health, with a concentration in Community Health Education from the University of Massachusetts Amherst.
Publications, Presentations, and Accomplishments:
- Polino, M. (Dec. 2019) Western Massachusetts: A Focus on Health Access and Equity. Community Applied Professional Experience project. Researched various Accountable Care Organizations (ACO’s) and the social determinants of health for Franklin and Hampshire County in Western MA; compared and contrasted access and services in Eastern Massachusetts.
- Polino, M. (Oct. 2019) Rural Public Health: A Path Forward Oversight Hearing. Summary report for Massachusetts State Senator Jo Comerford.
- Polino, M. (Sept. 2019) Food is Public Health Oversight Hearing. Summary report created for Massachusetts State Senator Jo Comerford.
- Polino, M. (Sept. 2019) Capturing the Landscape of Food Insecurity Screenings in Western Massachusetts. New England Public Health Training Center’s Health Equity Internship Program: The Food Bank of Western Massachusetts.
- Lemere, S., Polino, M. (May 2019) The Empowered Helping Program: Addressing Health Care Professional Burnout in the Pioneer Valley.
Pronouns: she / her / hers